To make your translated website SEO-friendly, simple install the Bablic WordPress plugin on your WordPress site. Alternatively, you can use the PHP or Apache SDKs.
1) Add the Bablic Localization Plugin
Start by clicking on "Plugins" and then "Add New" from your Wordpress admin panel as pictured below.
Continue by searching for "Bablic Localization" in the search field, as seen in the screenshot below.
Click on "Install Now" as seen below.
2) Activate the Bablic Localization Plugin
Now that you've downloaded and installed the plugin, it's finally time to activate it. Click on "Activate Plugin" - just like you see in the screenshot right below.
3) Setup the Bablic Localization Plugin
It's now time to play with the Bablic Wordpress Localization plugin settings. Let's head back to the Plugins section in your Wordpress dashboard and find the Bablic plugin, then click on "Settings" - exactly as you see below in the detailed image.
4) Connect your existing Bablic Account
Since you already have created a website in Bablic, choose "I already have an account". (If you want to start from scratch, click I'm new to Bablic). Bablic will ask you to login and choose your website from a list, in case there are more than one.
5) Cache Plugins
If you are using a Cache plugin in your WordPress account, it might be preventing the SDK to be verified in Bablic. You can disable this plugin for the validation process, but sometimes those plugins might cause the SEO not be activated on your website.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you don't know how to configure your Cache Plugin.
- This will not disable caching in your WordPress, but will only make those user agents cache to be handled by the Bablic plugin instead of W3 Total Cache plugin.
W3 Total Cache
- Navigate in your Wp-Admin to Performance -> Page Cache.
- Locate "Rejected User Agents" and paste this value there:
- Click "Save All Settings"
- In the "Basic Options" of WP Rocket's settings page, make sure "Enable caching for mobile devices." is deselected.
- In the "Advanced Options" section of the WP Rocket settings, add the user agent list below to the "Never send cache pages for these user agents". Save the changes and clear all caches.
- Ensure that WP Rocket is selected in the plugins list in the Settings > Site Compatibility > Active Plugins section of the WPtouch Pro admin panel. (Pro only, enabled by default in WPtouch (free))
With Bablic WordPress plugin, you can have your translated pages on a separate directory for each language (For example http://blog.bablic.com/fr/). This is recommended for SEO ranking.
To activate this feature, click to check the checkbox in your WordPress admin Bablic settings page.
Once the checkbox is checked, the update is immediate.
If you need any help translating Wordpress using Bablic simply email support@Bablic.com - we're here to help.
Keep in mind, you can also start translating your Wordpress site simply by entering your URL right on Bablic.com and then install the plugin once you're satisfied with your results.